International Journal of Case Reports and Images (IJCRI) is an international, monthly, open access, online journal, publishing high-quality, peer reviewed articles from all areas of basic medical sciences and clinical specialties. Free full-text of all articles are available immediately on publication.
IJCRI will publish accepted articles as "Early View Articles" immediately after final acceptance and editing for publication. Free full-text of all articles will be available immediately on publication.
IJCRI publishes following types of articles:
- Review Articles
- Case Series
- Case Reports
- Case in Images
- Clinical Images
- Letter to Editors
Why a new journal for case reports?
The "International Journal of Case Reports and Images" was born of necessity to provide authors with a forum where they are welcome to submit reports of unusual cases and atypical presentation of common cases.
In the recent years, many international journals with a print version have stopped accepting case reports for publication. There is always a tough competition between review articles, original articles and case reports for very limited page-space in the print version of the journals. In this competition "case reports" invariably loose. As a consequence, it has become very difficult to publish interesting and unusual cases in international, peer reviewed journals. This lack of publishing opportunities for authors was the motivation for us to start International Journal of Case Reports and Images (IJCRI).
We believe that every case is a teaching case and even a single case can teach us a lot about disease processes and its management. Thus, IJCRI is dedicated to Review Articles, Case Reports, Case Series, Case in Images, Clinical Images and Letter to Editors.
Another thought behind publishing International Journal of Case Reports and Images was that during medical residency and fellowships, when residents start their scientific publishing career, in majority of cases, they start with publishing a case report. With the constraints for space in print journals, it becomes difficult for the residents to get their manuscripts published. In their situation, this can be very discouraging. IJCRI is meant to give everyone, from residents to specialist physicians and surgeons, a platform for publishing unique cases. As a special consideration for students and residents, we have kept the journal publishing fee very low as compared to other journals.
We welcome and encourage everyone to submit manuscripts reporting unique, unusual and interesting cases from all medical and surgical specialties under the following categories - Review Articles, Case Reports, Case Series, Case in Images, Clinical Images and Letter to Editors. Manuscripts which report new insights and new ideas about the disease etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, pathophysiology, presentation, diagnosis, morphology, medical and surgical management and side effects of drugs are welcome.
Advantages you get on submitting your manuscript to IJCRI:
- Fast online submission - Fast online submission of your manuscripts. You can submit manuscripts online or send them as email attachments.
- Prompt service - You get a prompt, personalized and courteous service. All your emails and messages will get a response within 24 hours.
- Early decisions - Decision on your manuscripts will be given immediately after editorial and peer review. "Submission to first decision" time is less than four weeks.
- Expert peer reviews - Your article will be peer reviewed by experts in the subject of your manuscript which ensures that we maintain high standards of scientific quality of the articles published in IJCRI.
- Immediate publication after final acceptance - Your article will be published as Early View Article immediately after final acceptance, and in its final form, in multiple formats, as soon as it is edited for publication.
- No article processing charges - You will pay Article Publication Charges only after your manuscript has been accepted for publication after editorial and peer review. There are no fees for submission or processing of the manuscript.
- Increased impact of your research - Open access model of IJCRI makes all articles freely accessible by everyone, anywhere in the world. Full text of your article in HTML format and as PDF files is available free online at IJCRI website.
- International dissemination - Your article will reach an international audience. Our electronic format enables rapid publication of accepted manuscripts and immediate free access to all the articles. Your published article will sent to registered readers, deposited in open access directories and included in RSS feed of the journal. Links to article will be posted in journal blog, social networking sites and discussion forums.
- Cite your article - Your article published in IJCRI will be cited similar to the articles in traditional journal.
- You retain the copyright - You will retain the copyright of your work. You won't have to take permission from publishers to reuse or distribute your own published work, as it happens with other journals.
- Article for your use - As soon as your article is published in the journal, you will receive in your email, a PDF file of your published article and a link to your article on our website.
- Constant contact - You will receive table of contents of IJCRI, every month, in your email. We encourage readers to register for the Table of Contents (TOC) notification service for this journal using the small form given in the right column of the website. When you register for this service you will receive, in your email, the table of contents of IJCRI for each new issue of the journal.